Muscovy looking for good home - willing to pay to board it

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by westvanmuscovy, Jul 29, 2013.

1. westvanmuscovy

westvanmuscovy New Egg

Jul 29, 2013
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hi,

I live in Vancouver and am looking for a hobby farm where I can board my muscovy drake. We have been having real problems with predators lately - two of the ducks were killed already - and I just want to find it a home where it can be safe and with other ducks. I am willing to pay to board the duck and the price can be negotiated. This is quite urgent!

Thanks!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Welcome to the Duck Forum!

There is a Where Am I? Where Are You? Forum, also, and you might find someone through that forum. So sad and frightening when the predators get ahead of us.

And it's possible someone on the forum here will be able to help you out, too.

[​IMG]

3. silkielover92

silkielover92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Eatonville Washington
    Vancouver wa or bc? I am located in eatonville wa, at the base of mtn rainier I'll take him just supply a bag of feed and that's it! :)

4. westvanmuscovy

westvanmuscovy New Egg

Jul 29, 2013
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hi! Thanks a ton for your offer! However, we're in Vancouver BC, so we wouldn't be able to bring the duck across the border as far as I know. Thanks again!

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Do you have secure building and run for your ducks and preds are still getting them?

6. Kathy Ann

Kathy Ann New Egg

Jul 29, 2013
    Hi Miss Lydia, yes we have a small duck house (it was a Home Hardware tool shed) surrounded by a yard enclosed in half inch hardware wire. I think the predator was a mink and it may have burrowed from underneath. It killed one female duck in early July and came back three weeks later and killed the second female. I have had the ducks for eight years, and have become very attached. The male duck, Coco, is boarding with a vet right now, and I am desperately looking for a good home that would be safe. I can continue to pay for his food. Thank you for any help you can give.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

your in Canada? have you posted on the Canada thread? it's in the "where am I where are you" scroll till you come to Canada. So very soory about your loss, I would be heart broken.

8. We're in Alaska. If you were willing to drive so far xD

Best of luck, :), hope the preds will go away so you can have him again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by