1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Muscovy lovers, help me with the math!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by fisharescary, Aug 15, 2011.

1. fisharescary

fisharescary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Trying to keep a long story short, if they were only in it at night, would a 2 x 3 foot, 3 ft high duck house be enough room for a pair of female muscovies? 3 female muscovies even? I know what they weigh on average but that doesn't tell me how much space they occupy [​IMG]

Would there be enough headspace for them even if I used the Deep Litter Method?

Thanks!

2. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Well I've never had Scovies but I know they get pretty big I would say that is sounds a lil small to me I think 3 feet for each duck is ok it may need to be taller I don't really know. I'm sure someone with Scovies will help

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

3 x 4 would be better for a pair of girls, and you would have room for a 3rd if you wanted to add another later on. I have a small coop this size that my drake prefers and a couple of his girls sleep with him in there. I think it is also 3ft high in the front & 2ft in the back.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. fisharescary

fisharescary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Quote:Bleenie, are you able to use the Deep Litter Method with that ceiling height? Do you know how about how much height female muscovies need to be comfortable?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by