Muscovy: Male or Female?

pebbles99

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
Virginia
Hi BYC gang!

I went to a hatchery and purchased a Muscovy duckling. My Muscovy (Bam Bam is his name) is now four months old and is one of the best ducks I have ever owned. He is such an angel! I am thinking of getting some more Muscovys, but I would like to find out my duck's gender before I go buy more. I always assumed he was a boy, but I honestly am not 100% sure. Any help would be great!!
I will insert some pictures to help y'all :)

Hi BYC gang!

I went to a hatchery and purchased a Muscovy duckling. My Muscovy (Bam Bam is his name) is now four months old and is one of the best ducks I have ever owned. He is such an angel! I am thinking of getting some more Muscovys, but I would like to find out my duck's gender before I go buy more. I always assumed he was a boy, but I honestly am not 100% sure. Any help would be great!!
I will insert some pictures to help y'all :)

Makes me think drake but can you get full front view including legs ? legs look pretty thick. gorgeous scovy.

Makes me think drake but can you get full front view including legs ?  legs look pretty thick. gorgeous scovy. 

I was hoping he was a Drake! Here's a picture of him from the front :)

Just an update on the thread:
My Muscovy duck is actually a female and not a male. I bought some more Muscovy ducks and she is already the drakes favorite hen. Hope this thread helps anyone else trying to find their Muscovy ducks sex :)
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom