Muscovy on hatching eggs (photo).

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Duckieduck, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Duckieduck

Duckieduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2017
    Im so excited, and a little scared - my hatching eggs arrived and I put them under my beautiful muscovy today and here she is sitting on them. And they should hatch on my birthday!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Duckieduck

Mar 4, 2017
    PS. My Quack Shack is made form an old baby crib (hence the bars).

3. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

Your girl looks very happy. I hope she hatches every one!

Very creative, repurposing the crib. Is there netting or something around the bottom foot or so to contain the ducklings? They are incredible escape artists, and can climb, squeeze through openings that seem too small...and often can't figure out how to get back in, once out. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Duckieduck

Mar 4, 2017
    Yes, there is wood on the bottom and wood around the legs so no one can go under. I'll double check there are no small holes. Thank you for the warning. If Im lucky enough for them to hatch, I don't want to lose any!

5. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

YVW...I watched in amazement as the little scoundrels went through 2x4 wire fencing with plastic poultry netting on the outside about 18" up. They would use the tall grass that had grown up against the fencing as a jumping point and climb over the plastic netting and pop through the fence. Needless to say, the grass was immediately trimmed up and the plastic netting was secured tightly against the wire so that they couldn't squeeze around it/over it. The poor mama duck was beside herself because she couldn't get to her babies. [​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by