Muscovy prices?

Lalo Rolon

Chirping
May 18, 2017
I’m looking to buy Muscovy ducks. What should I expect to pay for ducklings or laying ducks? I live in Indiana.

I think people who value their animals and want them to have a good home charge a little more,

But if your buying someones animals your going to check their place out and decide if there good people or not anyway

I paid 10 each for my moulard ducks and they had their toe nails and the hook on their bills laser removed already

I paid 12$ for my pekins, ive seen adds as low as 5$ for muscovie ducklings and as high as 150$ for a breeding pair

If you don't already have a source, I know a byc member that has new muscovy ducklings. She is in Indiana. I got mine from her. Very nice ducks.
The price is reasonable - you can pm if you want more info.

I think people who value their animals and want them to have a good home charge a little more,

But if your buying someones animals your going to check their place out and decide if there good people or not anyway

I paid 10 each for my moulard ducks and they had their toe nails and the hook on their bills laser removed already

I paid 12$ for my pekins, ive seen adds as low as 5$ for muscovie ducklings and as high as 150$ for a breeding pair
Maybe that is why your muscovy mixes are more skiddish? Poor things having their beak tips removed. How did they remove their nails? Ouch.

They came from a hatchery in Quebec city, They laser off the cuticle so it cant grow. Its so they cant hurt each other ide assume

It was done to them when i got them

When you pick them up they try realy hard to bite and claw

They came from a hatchery in Quebec city, They laser off the cuticle so it cant grow. Its so they cant hurt each other ide assume

It was done to them when i got them

When you pick them up they try realy hard to bite and claw
Well, mine can claw because they have the nails to do so and it is a defense mechanism. But I've never had them try to bite me. They nibble like any duck does.
I would trim their nails before I would cauterize their cuticle.
What I am saying, is that due to their treatment prior to you getting them, they see humans as harmful, so they would be much more fearful.
Mine are not cuddlers like pekins can be. But, I have dogs that I cuddle with - didnt need to cuddle with ducks. ;)
As they grow they seem to get better and more tame with age. My scovies wag their tails when they see me. They let me pet their neck and such, but don't really want to be held which is typical of muscovies.

Sorry to take over the OPs thread like this though. :oops:

Well, mine can claw because they have the nails to do so and it is a defense mechanism. But I've never had them try to bite me. They nibble like any duck does.
I would trim their nails before I would cauterize their cuticle.
What I am saying, is that due to their treatment prior to you getting them, they see humans as harmful, so they would be much more fearful.
Mine are not cuddlers like pekins can be. But, I have dogs that I cuddle with - didnt need to cuddle with ducks. ;)
As they grow they seem to get better and more tame with age. My scovies wag their tails when they see me. They let me pet their neck and such, but don't really want to be held which is typical of muscovies.

Sorry to take over the OPs thread like this though. :oops:
Your definitly right!

Attachments

• 20180527_150747.jpg
    20180527_150747.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180527_150738.jpg
    20180527_150738.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 10
The beak doesn't look too bad, but those toes. Poor things.
I knew some trimmed chicken beaks, but not ducks. I never knew they trimmed muscovy claws like that either.
So, I imagine yours don't or can't roost?

Back
Top Bottom