1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

muscovy prices?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mhwc56, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

what is the going price for 6 week old white or black & white muscovy ducklings? is 20.00 each alot?...

2. mhwc56

anyone have an idea ? to me it seems pretty high but...?

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Seems really high - around here (Iowa) full grown drakes only sell for about $12 and hens go for about $10.

4. mhwc56

that's what i thought.....when we had Scovies years ago we only paid 5.00 each for 6 week olds, but that was years ago so i wasn't sure.Thanks for your response.[​IMG]

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    They are about the same price still for ducklings. We were selling ours for $5 each.

6. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    ours are $4 each.

7. mhwc56

yah so i priced them on craigslist for in this area and for the same age range ,people want 4.00-10.00 each and the higher prices were for chocolates ,silvers and blues.... so 20.00 for the "common" colors is craziness.....

8. RavenStorm

RavenStorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    It really depends on supply in your local area. There aren't many breeders who even have the 'common' colors around here. $15 for a 5 month-old male is the norm, $20 for the female. I know someone who just sold a motley crew of three 6 month-old females and a one year-old drake Muscovy together as a group for $100. None of them were a 'pure' color.

9. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I just bought two 3 day olds for 6.00 a piece. they are supposed to be white with a little black on the tail? The lighter one is the scovie...other is a BO.

[​IMG]

10. mhwc56

sooooooo CUTE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by