Muscovy protein percentage?

samakap

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2022
Hey I have two Muscovy ducks
1) 1 year old female — have had enlarge liver before, is now molting, and currently not laying eggs
2) 4 months old male

I wonder how many protein it should be in pallets.

Our vet said that we should give low carbohydrate feed. So it means that I should give high protein?

Where I live it’s easy to 16% and 18%
But I can buy 21% from online store.

Pls recommend us, Thanks 🤍
CCEB0304-A309-4EDD-90B4-6C030877E345.jpeg

I feed an all flock which can be anywhere from 18%-20%. I supplement the layers with oyster shell on the side.

I have not looked specifically for muscovy, but the general recommend for ducks and other waterfowl (I have 10 pekin ducks) is not to exceed 24% protein (increases incidence of angel wing - as does an excess of carbs - particularly in very young ducks).

In general, the target numbers for "generic duck" of all ages and genders is 18-20% protein (like the typical Flock Raiser/All Flock), 4-5% fat (this is about 1% higher than the typical chicken recommend, and 4-4.5% fiber (again, this is a little higher than typical chicken, as well as about 50mg/kg of Niacin, roughly 3x the amount in a typical chicken feed. (Prior BYC posters have written Purina and Nutrena regarding their All Flock/Flock Raiser offerings and found that they did have the "extra" Niacin a duck needs).

If you have specific feeds in mind, and they publish their guaranteed nutritional analysis online, we'd be happy to take a peek for you.

Back
Top Bottom