Muscovys Are Laying !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kuntrygirl, Dec 17, 2012.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    My girls have finally started laying eggs!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate :weee :ya :jumpy Now I have to decide how many babies I want for 2013. :oops: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. :p

Have your scovies started laying eggs yet? When did your scovies start laying? How many babies do you want for 2013? :)

What do you think I should shoot for Miss Lydia? :gig

2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Mine stopped laying (well the 2 that started) back in September they were about 6 months old. I'm surprised that you are getting eggs in December. Congratulations.

I have almost 2 week olds now, 12 of them. I raise mine for meat so I will take as many as the girls give. They seem to sell pretty well around here so I figure if I have too many, I can sell extras.

3. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Thank you.

Someone else said the same thing about getting eggs in December. My girls are soooo strange. They always start in Decemeber. And I don't know why. :idunno

4. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    They all ceased around late Oct... No one has started up again, I don't want them too! I did have a few that laid now and again through the winter last year but i think now they are "mature" birds they have smartened up lol

I don't think i am setting any nests for 2013... in the end i did get more ducks(like we wanted) but only one was our own hatch and we used one draklet as a trade to obtain 3 more, but it was a struggle to sell the remainders mind you when i did they were all gone in a single sale.

I had waffled on adding 2 more ducks in the spring to round up the girls to an even 10 but i am leaning towards no and leaving the flock as it is.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Your so funny kg, shoot for, ya want to eat them or just have em flying around your farm? Mine haven't started laying and I am like GQ they better not either, lol I am enjoying having a little time without fighting my girls to get the eggs out from under them. Right now I am thinking no ducklings this coming year. But they may just have other ideas.

6. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

:yuckyuck

:lau

LOL @ shoot for. I was wondering if you would catch that. :gig

I must say that I didn't totally miss out this year because a few girls took it upon themselves to hide out and lay and hatch a few babies. So, I did get a chance to see about 30 babies this year which was PLENTY for me. Although I do have a few males I need to process, :oops: I'm hoping the lucky ducks in the sky grant me ALL hens in 2013. :fl

Well, at least I can dream. :/ :gig

7. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    All girls? [​IMG] Let me know how that works out for ya, ok?

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    X2 ...Dream ON.

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

:yuckyuck

:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

Ok. I will. :lau :lau