Muscovy's Mating???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WindyOaksYokes, Oct 25, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    This morning when DH went outside, he saw our new Muscovy's mating. Daisy really did not want it, but Daffy took it. Aren't they a little young? They are only 3 months. Our other batch of ducks did not start mating until they were 5 to 6 months of age. Is this normal for Muscovy's? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.... Tes

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

hi, mine are only 4 months old....and yep....they is a matin! Got my first duck egg today as a matter of fact......[​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am suprised you just saw it. Maybe it was the move and the rehoming that had them off. LOL Did he do the wing flapping dance first?

4. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    hi, mine are only 4 months old....and yep....they is a matin! Got my first duck egg today as a matter of fact......

Oh goodness... so they are early maters... hmmm... when I did a search on it, it said that they do not reach sexual maturity until one year... I am so glad I have this board LOL

I am suprised you just saw it. Maybe it was the move and the rehoming that had them off. LOL Did he do the wing flapping dance first?

I had to run and ask DH LOL... he said no, he had just walked outside and he was grabbing her by the neck and mounting. I am going to watch for that though LOL I would say it does take its toll on them when rehoming. I missed it all [​IMG] So I guess I am going to have to watch closer!!!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by