1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Muscovy's or Mule Ducks??? Im just not sure anymore

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bossynbella, Oct 27, 2010.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    We bought these two ducklings from an acution last spring. They where labeled Muscovy ducklings. However the way the where colored, these two and the other one who died earlier this year, looks more like the Mule ducks. (Muscovy/ other duck crosses) Now that they are older though, the drake has more barnicals on his face then either of the two Muscovy Drakes we ever had, our lone Muscovy hen hangs with these two. I admit I wish they where Muscovys, I so look forward to them hatching out ducklings next year.

Here are a couple pictures I took the other day. The love to sit up high. Sometimes roosting on the tops of the rabbit cages.They don't really hang with the other ducks (call, Rouen, and Anacona ducks)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think. The Drakes name is Big Boy and the Duck is Little Miss, I know not very original.

2. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Pure 'Scovey. No doubt.

Post this on the Duck Forum....LOTS of answers there....I somehow drifted here for the first time in a reallly long time lol....the Duck Forum is quite an addicting part of BYC [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by