Mushrooms?

I've never read anything that says they can't. As long as they're store bought and not randomly picked (poisonous) wild ones, it shouldn't hurt them.

I've given mine shrooms. I'm sure they've eaten a few random yard shrooms too. I wouldn't deliberately give them wild shrooms unless I knew what they are.

Imp

Years ago, I ordered mushroom spore from a seed house. I raised them in a mulch of pecan leaves and pine needles. They produced tons of beautiful mushrooms, but no one would eat them. No body wanted to be the first to die.

We fed them to the chickens.

Chickens eat a lot of things, but I have never seen them eat anything poisonous.

Rufus

Quote:
Kinda makes you wonder who, way back when tried eating them in the first place
smile.png

Quote:
Kinda makes you wonder who, way back when tried eating them in the first place
smile.png

A very hungry person.

Years ago, I ordered mushroom spore from a seed house. I raised them in a mulch of pecan leaves and pine needles. They produced tons of beautiful mushrooms, but no one would eat them. No body wanted to be the first to die.

We fed them to the chickens.

Chickens eat a lot of things, but I have never seen them eat anything poisonous.

Rufus

Thanks! It's kind of funny... the vast majority of commercial produce is so inferior to home-grown, but when it comes to mushrooms I think I might be in that same crowd... I'll stick with the tried and true, unless you want to try it first!

Back
Top Bottom