1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

music for hens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Henna56, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Henna56

Henna56 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. islandgirl82

islandgirl82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2014
    Maine
    Not in the coop but they come rushing over and start preening or sunbathing in the flower bed right behind the house whenever they hear reggae through the windows and if they find the doors open they let themselves in.

3. Henna56

Sep 9, 2014
    cool--i was just wondering if it would be a good way to help keep them content during the winter when they are "cooped" up all the time--I am going to try it.

4. RonP

RonP Chillin' With My Peeps

Very interesting!

I might try something also, I know I will enjoy it!

1 person likes this.
  5. HeatherR

HeatherR New Egg

Oct 20, 2014
    Southern Ontario
    The hubbie put a radio in the coop and they seem to not be bothered. I guess it is my way of having more music in the air. I did read at one time that a radio ( especially a talk show) would ad a voice in the air, and scare some of the potential vermin, cyotes and coons. They think there might really be a person around. I figured"what the heck" !

6. ECBW

ECBW Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    NJ
    Play the Eagles when I muck around the coop. They seem to like them.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. Henna56

Sep 9, 2014
    ha ha i imagine that is the only type of eagles they would enjoy! mine seem to like classical--at least they seem happy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by