1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Music that makes you think of other things

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaSB12, Mar 14, 2011.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    I have a copy of the film score from The Hours on my ipod, but when I listen to it I don't think of the film. When I got the music was at the same time as I got my allotment and was listening to this while I dug it over for the first time (strangly digging is one of my favourite bits of an allotment) anyone else have odd memories attached to pieces of music.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh of course! Any thing by Meatloaf or Chicago ( I know [​IMG] ) remind me of the high school dance I first heard them at. That of course gets me thinking about HS football games, more dances and life with out bills or real stress! LOL! Also the sound track from the movie Hope Floats makes me think of a really significant time in my life when my son was small. Another thing is when I hear very old country songs it reminds me of road trips with my family when I was a kid. My Dad was so happy when he found out you could record your own 8 track tapes! Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Waylon Jennings, they went everywhere with us!

3. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Pirates of the Caribbean film score, all three movies. I always end up picturing major historical battles - I listen to a lot of film scores, but none bring out the historical thoughts like POTC.

What's weird is how music can create images in my mind, even if I've never seen the movie. The Pearl Harbor score, particularly "War" perfectly evokes a massive air raid. I've never seen the movie and don't plan to, but the music is great.

Random totally irrelevant fact: The famous "Jaws" theme, credited to John Williams, is in fact a direct ripoff from Antonin Dvorak's Symphony no. 9. Listen at about 8:05 on the following video:

4. tcbfan5

tcbfan5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2008
    Kansas
    I dunno about an 'odd' memory, but songs definately bring back memories for me for sure....I songwrite (as a hobby really) so maybe one day one of my songs will bring a memory!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by