Muskovy Ducks ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sc00ter4900, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Sc00ter4900

Sc00ter4900 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Where is the best place to order from? Im looking for a website [​IMG] Thanks Scotty

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I am not sure who all has them for sale but I can say they are some great ducks to own.
    I believe Metzers has them but am not sure since I do not have to look for any.
    I started out with some from a friend and once she saw I was in love with them she kept bringing them to me until I said stop! She found them for sale from different people.

3. jonespoulltryfarm

jonespoulltryfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    Kentucky
    we raise black uscoveys check out our website at jonespoultryfarm.webs.com

4. dickhorstman

dickhorstman Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Dec 8, 2009
    burgettstown,pa
    Padgettspoultry.com

5. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    I do also, Check out my website... :)
    <---

6. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Most hatcheries don't carry them anymore, if they do, they are the white meat type variety.
    I ship Lavender, blues, silver, buff/cream, blue fawn, and the normal, chocolate etc, I have a both pied and solid in most colors.

You can look at the website here www.oneskyranch.99k.org, however the bronze and Flume are not for sale, only the common American colors.

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
  8. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Quote:They want over 10.00 a duckling.. thats high as heck. If you figure the fact you have to feed them for a long time before you can sell them for that same 10.00.
    I sell my ducklings at 6.00 and ready to butcher for 15.00. Breeding age adults for 25 and up. I don't think most of us could get 10.00+ a duckling unless they were show quality or an unusual color, and none of those are.

9. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:They want over 10.00 a duckling.. thats high as heck. If you figure the fact you have to feed them for a long time before you can sell them for that same 10.00.
    I sell my ducklings at 6.00 and ready to butcher for 15.00. Breeding age adults for 25 and up. I don't think most of us could get 10.00+ a duckling unless they were show quality or an unusual color, and none of those are.

I agree, those are too expensive and above average price for what looks like average quality birds.

10. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I am located in Maine and have many different color muscovies that I sell year round if you are interested.
    You can PM me and I be happy to send you pics. I can also hatch some out for you if you'd like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by