Must be an addictive personality disorder...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ambrosia, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    Ok, so I now know I have a potential problem...

I got 10 leghorns. Then I got 6 RIR. Before all of this I started stalking the pages of BYC. Now I am adding to my Christmas list all of the things I want related to those threads!!! [​IMG]

I want an incubator, an automatic turner, electric pop door, some silkies, some frizzles, some barred rock, orpington, polish..... ooh, and ducks! ooh, and quail! DH is going to put me in a self-hug jacket soon...[​IMG]

oh, and I wonder if a rooster for the ladies is too much to ask for...???

Is this a form of chicken math??? LOL

2. Americana

Americana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Dunnellon, Florida
    [​IMG] I love your chicken math!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

4. ambrosia

Oct 21, 2011
    [​IMG] I'm in love with my chickens! Even without a SINGLE egg from my RIR girls yet I still love going out there to talk to them.... I catch the hubby staring at me thru the large windows, laughing. I think come spring I am going to be overrun with the cute fuzzy butts... [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    From someone who approaches most of life in the same manner, YES it does sound like addictive personality disorder. Either don't do it or overdo it to the max. By the way it does not go away as you age. [​IMG]

6. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    Sounds like chicken math to me. You poor poor thing. [​IMG]

7. ambrosia

Oct 21, 2011
    Hmm... I'm thinking I have a built in mechanism for overdoing things... no matter what the project, I'm one who jumps in neck deep! I think my coop can handle a few more girls, so.... I LOVE IT! Thank you for your honesty [​IMG]

8. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Too bad you're not closer - I'd be a great enabler! I got an incubator about a month ago. Already hatched 16 BR chicks, got another 15 BR eggs in the incubator - I'd be glad to share! It's too much fun hatching out the babies. And I already have a home (I think) for one of my baby roos...

9. ambrosia

Oct 21, 2011
    Barred Rock are gorgeous!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I do have one neighbor with chickens for sale, but I've seen her coop, and I don't think her girls are real healthy... so that is keeping me sane for now! But the elevator in town wants my eggs, so my brain justification is that I'm helping out the community. How ill am I...!?! And I desperately want little baby fuzzy butts... [​IMG]

10. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I'm proud of my front-yard flock. We've never lost one of our adults that we've raised from 3-5 days old, and of the 17 eggs we had in the incubator, 16 hatched and are still doing well at 2 wks. The adults get laying pellets, lots of fresh veggies/garden scraps, and some left-overs. The chicks got medicated food the first week but are now on unmedicated starter/grower. We have neighbors stop by just to check them out! I LOVE my BR's. Looking forward to expanding into other breeds this spring! The Barred Rocks have great personalities, and lay really well. And they're gorgeous! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by