Must be crazy, dreaming about my chickens...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by elizabethlongwood, Oct 23, 2010.

1. elizabethlongwood

elizabethlongwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    longwood, florida
    I'm waiting for 3 of my 4 chickens to start laying eggs. They are 26-28 weeks old. The past several nights, I've had dreams about them laying eggs. Last night, I had a dream that my BO laid her first egg and it was the size of an ostrich egg!
    Anyone else dream about their chickens, especially while they are waiting for them to start laying?

2. JLS

JLS Love my feathered babies!

May 29, 2009
    Maine
    My Coop
    Yes, I do. Especially when I am worrying or waiting for them to lay/their health, ect. I'm glad that I'm not the only one [​IMG] So you are not alone elizabethlongwood! [​IMG]

3. bokboklady

bokboklady Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2010
    yes, i also dream about my chooks, especially when i was waiting for them to lay, sometimes i lie in bed thinking about what i can give them for a special treat tommorrow !!.

4. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    Last night must have been the "dream about your chickens night!" Although mine are a couple years old, I dreamed that they wanted to roost on top of the house last night instead of going into the coop, and that the next day they had multiplied in the night and instead of 10 we had 22! Then in my dream my hubby started stashing all those extra eggs in cupboards and cabinets, and everytime I opened a cabinet there would be this tall pyramid of brown eggs. Oh my, who wants all those extra eggs? [​IMG]

5. Saskia

Saskia Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2010
    I can't believe someone else has dreamed about their chickens laying eggs! Yes, I dreamed that all four of my chickens were practically fighting to get in one of the nesting boxes, and they all laid one egg.... all the eggs were white, and all were deformed. My chickens are suppose to lay green, brown and chocolate eggs. They should all be laying by now.... are happy hens, but empty nests every day.... I even have their 'night light' working. They are almost 6 months old now. Any hints as to what I might observe if they are getting ready to lay eggs??

6. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I dreamed that I was surrounded by dozens of chicks when I noticed one had a bill. I was like "Hey, this one's a Duck!" Then I picked it up and it had four legs and a flat tail. It started to purr like a kitten. A purring plat-a-pus mixed in with chickens? Dreams can be so weird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by