Must be I have another new layer...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chefchick, Sep 28, 2011.

1. chefchick

chefchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    I must REALLY want those eggs! I went home to check on my girls at lunchtime, like always, and there, in the pouring rain stood Pongo, my little roo with a great big crow guarding a little dark brown egg in the run. Of course DH can't be a regular chicken run builder... he has to make my run door with some contraption where you have to slide this pipe down into another one to secure the door. Of course, my struggling to get in there makes it rain harder. I slipped in the sand and got a brush burned knee. Got the egg from pongo, and got the run secured again, but I had to wonder if that dirty little egg was worth it. Until, I went inside and found three more!!! which means 4 of my 6 girls who are old enough are now laying eggs!

2. Cosmopolis Chick

Cosmopolis Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Grays Harbor
    Quote:Oh, do I feel for you! Congrats on the eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, back to your tale of woe... did you say there was a CROW there? like the crow wanted the egg? How odd! Good thing Pongo was there to protect and serve (ha ha, good boy!!!) [​IMG]

In my own ineptness I have also made my coop, run, and gates overly difficult. Hey! any newbies out there, get a drawn-up plan before you start your chicken housing! Wish I had but of course I thought I knew better.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  3. chefchick

chefchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    oh sorry... no Pongo is a little guy who crows pretty loudly... doing his cock a doodle thing when I was trying to get in his run [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by