Must Be My Lucky Day! 1st egg!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 1FastFlamingo, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 1FastFlamingo

1FastFlamingo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2010
    Brevard County, Florida
    Yeah it was cold, even here in central Florida. But I had a great outlook. Only worked 7am to 3pm so I enjoyed the afternoon. Wemt and bought more chicken feed and the people said I am one of the few out here still getting alot of eggs! I get 6 to 9 a day from my spring girlies! Woohoo! Well the biggest surprise was when I got home a little while ago... My son Brian found our very FIRST GREEN EGG!! our americona are 8 months old and either Aury or Connie did it! Go girls! So today we have 9 eggs from our girlies! I wish I can post ppics, but I can`t since my net connection is my cellphone LOL!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Congrats on that first green egg!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. J.Pryce

J.Pryce Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Ypsilanti
    Your first green egg-Cool. I got mine just a week before Christmas & it was neat to find it in amongst the white & browns. I've gotten 3 more since then & my green egg laying gal helped my other girls set a daily record of 12 eggs on Christmas day & a new weekly record of 62 in a week.

5. RunninWithScissorBeaks

RunninWithScissorBeaks Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2010
    NC Mountains
    We just got our first green egg the day before Christmas! With all these green eggs, who has the ham? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by