Must be strong!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by embkm, Mar 29, 2009.

1. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    Our TSC is having their Grand Opening sale this weekend. They are having raffles and drawing and giving away free hats. I am going to put my name in for the drawing for the big riding lawnmower and pet food for a year.

::: Must be strong and avoid the chicks.... I don't need any more chicks.... or ducks (Ed would kill me)... or GULP bunnies. I'll have my girls with me, the bunnies will be hard to resist if they have them (they haven't had bunnies there yet so I might be safe). My oldest DD agreed to slap some sense into me if I reached for a chick box, and she had an evil gleam in her eye.. I think she'd do it too! LOL:::

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Good luck resisting the cute babies... I'll be interested to hear how that works out for you - and if you come home with any slap marks on you!

Best of luck on winning that drawing!!

3. embkm

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    Yeah, it doesn't help that the people there know me already and just start grinning when they see me. And the store's only been open for 3 weeks.

I'll be sure to report my success (or failure) later this afternoon.

4. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Go ahead and get more chicks. Your probably gonna win that free food for a year and need to take advantage. LOL... Good Luck

5. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I went in last year to gt some feed and they had a bunch... What kryptonite does to superman, chicks have the exact opposite effect on me!!! "Can't live without....." [​IMG]

6. cherokeechick33

cherokeechick33 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    kenton, Ohio
    aww mman go ahead [​IMG]..... they make money for us chicken fanatics to use to buy chicks..... i almost talked the parents into buying 50 cchicks but noooo [​IMG].......hmmm i can't wait till my hens start layin again......... hmm lets go look at chick catalogs.lol [​IMG]

7. AN

AN Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Texas-South of DFW area
    I feel the same way, I am a new chick mommy, but i all ready want MORE. I just calle TS is open on Sunday.......i think i might need some supplies.[​IMG]. Ill post pictures when i get back hehe.
    JUST DO IT!!!!! I am expecting you will have new pics also....[​IMG]

8. embkm

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    OK, I'm back... and without any slap marks! I lucked out. A ton of their chicks were sold out before I got there. All that was left were the st run assorted reds and ducklings. If there had been any bantams, I would have been sunk. Oh, and no bunnies.

I haven't heard anything about the drawings, and it took place at 3, so I am assuming I didn't win. Oh well.

9. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I've gone to the feed store with that same feeling you did...want chicks/musn't get chicks...and when they're out or have something I'm not interested in, I feel relieved and disappointed at the same time. Oh well, there will be another peep temptation around the corner!

10. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I've solved the problem by sending my husband to the feed store. He can resist. He doesn't even have to resist, actually. They're not a temptation. He thinks I'm crazy for having so many already!

But I'm getting much tougher. I've been training myself a little at a time. I go in, look at the chicks, almost call someone to get me some out of the cages, then turn around and walk away. I'm getting to where I can stand and drool over the babies for a good 30 seconds and not give in to temptation! Maybe in a couple years, if I continue my training regimen, I'll be able to take it for a minute or two and walk out empty-handed...

It helps to have two brooders of chicks right next to my computer, and more chicks due to hatch this week! It makes the urge that much easier to resist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by