MUST GIVE AWAY MY BABY CHICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by xahmed122, Oct 8, 2012.

1. xahmed122

xahmed122 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    Hayward, C.A.
    hello i must get rid of my baby chick because all the other chicks peck at him its a barred rock and i live in Hayward C.A. SHES ABOUT SIX WEEKS OLD
    [​IMG]

Edited by staff as all ads must be in the buy sell trade forum.

BYC staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  2. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    At that age they are beginning to start a pecking order. They are fine unless they are drawing blood.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  3. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    It's okay; they'll get through it. Don't get too upset :) I've gone though this several times- my chickens have gone so far as to draw blood, but now that same chicken is at the top of the pecking order.

4. sunshinegirl12

sunshinegirl12 Out Of The Brooder

Awe,,, don't do that just yet. When I introduced my six week old Buffs (3 of them) to the 9 week olds buffs(5 of them), I was going through the same thing. The older ones would peck and torment my babies, never hurt them but I thing to let them know who was boss. Stressed me out something awful, but stuck it out. It's now going on four weeks with all eight being together and things have finally settled down. They are now three months (5) and two months (3). I have one who still likes to play the bully, but honestly, I think she is the one who is becoming the leader of the bunch. All in all I'm very glad that I didn't give up on them...

I don't know what your situation is and if their hurting your baby (hope not), hopefully you won't have to give her away. I got a lot of good advice on my situation through this forum, I hope you do too. I hope it all works out for you for the good. Good luck.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by