Must run to the front door...too

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ponyfeather, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Ponyfeather

Ponyfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2014
    California
    Tonight my house chicken did the cutest thing, I got home from a long day out and was sitting in the living room with my house Chicken Pancake on my lap. Then all of a sudden the dogs start barking and run to the front door, my dad was home from his walk. Well Pancake tried to jump off my lap a join them in greeting my dad. I stopped her because he would have scolded her & me. She isn't suppose to be loose in the house other then in my room on the floor, it is okay if I take her around the house in my arms.

But she really does adore him and he doesn't realize it.

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Pancake is a great name. Make sure your dogs are always kept away from her.

Cute story.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I'm sitting here with a little chicken on my lap right now, drinking a cup of coffee (me, not Jelly Bean, my serama...lol). She walks around the house among the dogs and cats too... Love the name Pancake!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

What an "awwwww" moment that was! [​IMG]

5. Ponyfeather

Ponyfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2014
    California
    Oh trust me they stay away from her, she is the top 'hen' in the house. They're small dogs and even though they could hurt her if they really wanted to they would sooner run away from her. She has learned how to buffalo them into submission. But we never leave them together unsupervised.

I'm glad everyone liked this story.

6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Guess the pecking order crosses species. lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by