MUST SEE!!!"River Cottage" series!! Sustainable lifestyle!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willkatdawson, Oct 25, 2009.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I came across the River Cottage series but Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and have watched all of them over the past couple of weeks. The series has shown on TV in England and was a real hit! It is a true masterpiece of how good life can be on a smallholder farm and it's told with such humor and kindness you won't be able to stop watching it. Hugh starts a wonderful veg garden adds chickens, pigs and cows to his farm. He does this step by step and shows all his mistakes and the overall positive outcome of his choice to live a sustainable life.
    Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is Chef Gordon Ramsay's go to animal guy on the F Word TV program.
    The series is free and can be seen on www.Factualtv.com You don't have to sign up just got to the web site and search by title. Enjoy and let me know what you think! It starts with
    1) Escape to River Cottage (6 Episodes)
    2)Return to River Cottage (6 episodes)
    3) River Cottage Forever ( 8 episodes I think?)
    4) Beyond River Cottage (10 Episodes)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
  3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG]

just read the article now I am going to start watching the series [​IMG]

4. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    You will LOVE it!!!! Let me know what you think. I don't know of anyone else who has seen it and I'm dying to get someone else take on it. Happy watching [​IMG]

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    A fan of Hugh F-W here too, I started watching his shows when they were first aired over here. His whole ethos is inspiring. He campaigns for chicken welfare too - what's not to like!

6. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Yeah! I was beginning to think I was the only one... Yea he almost got Tesco to rule in his favor. It's an awesome show isn't it? Have you seen them all? I'm not sure I have access to the entire series. I can't watch River Cottage Autumn, Summer , Winter or Spring in their full versions. Only snip its of each on Youtube.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I have to admit I have missed the latest series. When the original show and the following 2-3 series were on we watched them religiously. In fact, he's on in the background as I write this! [​IMG]

8. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I'm so jealous! We don't get any of his shows on TV over here.

9. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Can't wait to check it out! Thanks!

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    This looks good, thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by