Must See Silkie Teen Pics!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by suebee, Jul 26, 2008.

1. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    I got these eggs from Marie Martin. My silkie broody hatched them. They are 7 weeks old today. So pretty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Oh, I am so proud of my little grandchicks!!! Thanks for posting. I love to see pics of what they turn out like. I am so glad you had good results.

Marie

3. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Marie, aren't they cute!! There are two chicks not shown because I couldn't get close enough to get a suitable shot. I'll post them soon.

You know, most silkies go thru the "awkward" teen stage but these almost look like miniature chickens. No ugly teen stage!

The Mother hen went her separate way exactly 6 weeks to the day! They are fine though. I keep them penned up until 5pm, then they free range with the others (kinda) until bedtime. They still sleep on the floor but hopefully will roost with the others soon.

A strange thing happened. The mother hen got broody sometime in May. She hatched the chicks and raised them, finally cutting the apron strings last week.

In that time span, I didn't get a single egg. My 7 other silkie hens did not lay a single egg!!!!!!!

The day the mother hen and chicks parted ways, the other hens started laying eggs again! How weird is that????? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    awwww......so cute. The last one looks like she is on a mission going somewhere. They are adorable.

Anne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by