1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mutant ideal d'uccle

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ASweetHeart, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ASweetHeart

ASweetHeart Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    This chick was part of an ideal d'uccle assortment I ordered way back in January. It has 5 toes on each foot and looks different than my other d'uccles. Also, unlike the other d'uccles I have, it's super-duper unfriendly (will eventually re-home because of this).

I assummed it was just a mutant....started wondering this morning if maybe it might be a sultan that was sold to me as a d'uccle? Can anyone tell me if it is?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    if it also has a crest (which im sure i do see) than yes its a sultan pullet...if you want to get rid of her i would take her but i'm sure she would need to be shipped though :(

3. ASweetHeart

Oct 3, 2011
    Yeah, it has a crest. I added another pic.
    I'm glad to know that she was just mislabeled and not a mutant ;D
    I'm all the way in WNC, too far for driving :(

4. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Looks like a sultan to me. We had a sultan hen that got taken by a racoon in the fall. She was a real sweetie, very friendly and tame. Also a very very good layer of small white eggs. We hatched out 4 of her eggs after she died and got 2 boys and 2 girls. The dad is a bantam Andalusian. LOL. Interesting combination, but the babies just look like sultans with funky combs. :) We love them! The babies are about 4-5? mos old now and are very sweet. One of the girls is just like her mom, completely tame and friendly, doesn't even try to run away, just lets you walk right up and pick her up for some pets and snuggles.

5. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    If you don't want her and are going to the poultry thing in a couple weeks, I am sure you will find her a good home. I would love to take her! My son would be thrilled to have a replacement for his Sweet Annie.

6. ASweetHeart

Oct 3, 2011
    I'm hoping to go - not 100% yet.

You wouldn't happen to have an EE pullet to trade for her, would you? Been looking for one for almost 2 months, lol.
    I halso have a chick that looks like it's a bantam Sultan rooster that's about three weeks I think. Looking at him earlier is what clued me in that the mutant may not be a mutant afterall, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by