mutation puzzlers! *pics inside*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by sammit, Oct 20, 2013.

1. sammit

sammit Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    i have a few corturnix that are stumping me with mutations, can anyone help me?

thinking this one is a cinnamon tuxedo?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

possible silver?

[​IMG]

and this is my male Flash. tibetian or something else? one one single white patch anywhere on his body

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sammit

Aug 25, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    bump?

3. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Hi nice quail. I am not sure of the mutations that happen with corturnix, so not sure how much help I can be, I just got a full white chick from two normal buttons. I posted about it and someone told me that it could be a recessive gene that by a miracle of nature became dominant in that chick. All of its sisters and brothers are normal like mother and father. This may be what has happened in your case too.

4. silver-quail

silver-quail Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    Wow I sure like your birds what did you breed to get the first colour the second one is a tuxedo just has the white in its head and not body

5. silver-quail

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    Your possible silver is a silver yes

6. sammit

Aug 25, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    i didnt breed these sorry! a lady who lives near me does. i have gotten another 5 silvers off her since these photos were taken (i also ate the tibetian/tux cause it turned out to be a roo and a nasty one at that!)

7. silver-quail

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    Well maybe that pic of the first bird is a Tibetan silver cross I have a couple neat birds myself that nobody seems to know what they are

8. sammit

Aug 25, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    the first bird is a sandy brown. i have parrots and in their mutations, we would call that a cinnamon. it would also be known as a pied in parrots, thats why i was guessing the tuxedo? i have no idea really, totally new to the mutation side of game birds hahaha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by