Muti-tasking mama? What should I do? Goose

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by erijn5, May 19, 2009.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I may regret this but this is what I did. My bator was full and I had opportunity to get my hands on peacock eggs. The neighbor gave me 2 eggs. I new that besides the fact my bator had to be at 100 for my chicky eggs and the goose eggs had to be at 101-102. My goose was already on 4 eggs so I slipped them under her....She didn't care one bit. She has hatched out all her eggs out today and they are currently drying out. They are in a tire filled with straw and her feathers, and the peacock eggs.

The peacock eggs are not due till SUN. So do you think I should take the babies from her? So she will continue to sit on the peacock eggs? Leave the babies in there just provide food and water in easy access? BUT, I'm also afraid that if the babies get out of the tire and can't get out then she will not get back on the nest with the peacock eggs.

Maybe I should have thought about this before I started. [​IMG] Oh the trouble I get myself into!!! [​IMG] Any suggestions? I thought of the ramp into the tire but do you think the ducklings would figure it out? HHHMMM? HELP?

Yes I had candled the peacock eggs and they do have babies in them! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Any ideas they are drying as we speak? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by