Mutt chicks, can you guess the breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rmh0508, Jan 28, 2012.

1. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    These are all out of the same hatch. They are pretty funny looking but what breeds are they?
    [​IMG]

2. SuttonHeritageFarm

SuttonHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Jackson Springs, NC
    Middle one looks like a Delaware mix. Hard to tell from the front. Can you get some side pics of them?

3. rmh0508

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    I will try to get some more pics tomorrow. They never hold still lol. I do know they are all the same breed whatever they are lol

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Barnyard mix. I see a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Idaho
    I would say they have some Ameraucana and silkie in them somewhere! Beards, silkie feathers ect! Cuties! Hope a green or blue egg pops out for ya!

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    All appear to have Easter Egger in them, beyond that the only way to say for sure is telling us what comb types, earlobe color, and shank and sole color they have.

7. rmh0508

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    ok no luck getting any better pics. they are kinda flighty yet. I did get a hold of the person I got them from he said they are most likely Polish, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ameraucana, Silkie and some other Bantam breed. I like them though :)[/FONT]

8. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

ok this is what i think

1st on the left
    looks polish or silkie mix

2nd (white one)
    Sultan, silkie, or polish mix

3rd
    Delaware or delaware mix

4th
    salmon faverelles or faverelles mix maybe even cochin mix

5th
    Silkie mix

9. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I see mostly silkie and EE, maybe Faverolles? But I think the 2nd could be part Sultan since it looks an awful lot like my sultan mixes. I don't think there's any Delaware in there. I did have a chick that looked like a full bred Delaware with a pea comb! A coon got him last week b/c he thought he was a goat and slept with the goats instead of safe with the other chickens [​IMG] but he hatched out of an EE egg and his dad was a Faverolles/Dominique cross! So it's really hard to say with mutts where they get their coloring, etc! The dad roo was sort of crele colored (similar to crele, but not true) and had a single comb and no feathers on his legs. But somehow he threw a Delaware colored chick, one that is white with broken dark gray barring, one that looks like your last chick on the right, and one that is colored like a male salmon Faverolles, but blotchy, who has feathers on his legs! All from EE eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by