Mutt chicks for sale, OTB

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by SillySilkie, Jun 11, 2018.

1. SillySilkie

SillySilkie Chirping

Oct 14, 2017
    NC
    Hello everyone, I am 19 years old and I live in western North Carolina. I recently my chickens have started setting and hatching chicks so I have several unsexed bantam mutts for sale!

The father is a sizzle (silkie/frizzle mix) who has a amazing temperament and beautiful coat.
    2F18680B-C809-4013-8C7A-BE2B494F406D.jpeg
    The hens I have laying eggs are two white splash silkies, two columbian wyandottes, a small english game and a brahma.

The rooster has a extra toe which is common in his breed so the chicks may have 4-6 toes.

Currently I have 4 chicks, 3 of which I need sold.

The first is a adolescent (few weeks) who looks much like the silkies I have. Its white with black spots.

Second chick is about a week old and is yellow like a normal chick, however his wing feathers are like a Wyandotte but is curling upwards like a frizzle.

Third chick is 2 days old, yellow feathers with a few black spots.

I will add pics in the morning. In the mean time, please comment if interested!

Currently I am accepting offers with no fixed price because I have no idea how much mixed breed chicks for for.

ButtonquailGirl14 likes this.
  2. SillySilkie

SillySilkie Chirping

Oct 14, 2017
    NC
    3 day old unsexed columbian wyandotte/sizzle available

070BAD91-1FDD-4B17-9C0E-08A4B95D9841.jpeg

3. yushdaddy

yushdaddy In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2018
    hello. do you still have any chicks?

4. SillySilkie

SillySilkie Chirping

Oct 14, 2017
    NC
    I have two chickes available still, one is a 2-3 week old chick whose wing feathers are kind of curled.

The second is a older adolescent sizzle/silkie

5. yushdaddy

yushdaddy In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2018
    would one cost more? and how much would shipping cost? If they are only a few weeks, i was wondering if it would be sold for $10? plus however much for shipping.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  6. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Shipping is pricey. The box alone will usually be about $20 and they can only be legally shipped as day olds or as older birds at least 6oz I believe plus be tested/NPIP. They don't make it easy (but maybe that's a good thing).

7. yushdaddy

yushdaddy In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2018
    ok. sorry, can't do it then. spending more than $60 on a rooster, too much for me. All i want is a rooster for my hen's because the rooster i got now is not doing his job to well.

8. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    I'm sure you can find one locally. Find your local poultry Facebook group and also look on Craigslist (and post your own add). There are always roosters looking for homes.

9. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    @SillySilkie I recommend you do the same! Find your local FB group and post an add on Craigslist.

I wish I could get your curly feather one!

10. yushdaddy

yushdaddy In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2018
    I found one when i came to visit family back in the true country today. He had a perfect bantam for my bantam ladies. i was happy. I just don't know how to introduce them to eacch other now. I don't want my Rhode Island Red to kill him because he is soo much smaller than him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: