Mutt Chicks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by uglydog, Jan 10, 2010.

1. uglydog

uglydog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2008
    Texas
    Here are my Winter featherd babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My young Frizzles first Set was over 18 eggs, some where deposited in the nest by another hen, but 13 hatched and I am sure that ten were from the Frizzle hen. Two possible roos over the frizzle hen and the shared eggs were by my EE Roo and blue cochin hen. This is a mixed up bunch, but looks like the Spitz roo has left many resembling himself. Hope yall enjoy my featherd mutt babies!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Beautiful Designer chicks.

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    which breeds did you breed together?

4. uglydog

uglydog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2008
    Texas
    My Frizzle hen layed the majority of the nest, My Blue Cochin hen snuck over the fence into this coop and left 3 eggs.

The Blue Cochin hen belongs to my Big EE Roos flock ( He is pretty protective of his girls), so 3 of the 13 that hatched were Cochin/EE

The Frizzle Momma hen laid the rest of the eggs, and she is kept company by a very submissive Curly Frizzle roo, and too very Frisky Spitzhauben roos. I think THe Spitz is showing pretty dominant with all the hairdresses. there are about 5 that have featherd legs, majority are clean legged.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by