Mutt Ducks - Post Pictures Here

PotatoWaffles

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2014
Northwest Ohio
I want to see everyone's mutt ducks! I have a mixed flock of pekin, mallard, welsh harlequin, cayuga and runner, and am about to add Swedish and buff to the mix (if the ducklings arrive alive this time, crossing my fingers). The plan is to let anyone breed with anyone and have some mixed breed babies possibly next year, but I haven't the slightest clue what they would look like. Google only helps so much; most of the pictures don't tell the breeds. I'm super curious about mixed breed ducks and would love to see everyone's mutt ducks!

I don't have any mutt ducks to share (yet), but here's a picture of the gang because ducks!!!

Beautiful birds! <3 I love the one at the far left you caught in a rather candid pose :p

Cute ducks! :)

I'll be raising my own mixed ducklings this year as well (once my girls start laying, that is). I have a male Rouen and two female Cayugas. No clue what their babies will look like, but that is half the fun!

I am hoping to hatch out some mutts this year. I have a male Rouen, female 3 Rouens 3 Swedish 2 Pekins 1 golden hybrid. I will most likley get rouens like last year but
fl.gif
for some mutts. Looking in to getting another male of a different breed.

They are all so cool! I absolutely love the variability of mixed ducks. I want variety in my flock, which is why I have so many different breeds. I don't want two ducks that look the same, lol. And I bet it's fun not knowing what the babies will look like.

Back
Top Bottom