Mutt Ducks - Post Pictures Here

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PotatoWaffles, Mar 17, 2015.

1. PotatoWaffles

PotatoWaffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    I want to see everyone's mutt ducks! I have a mixed flock of pekin, mallard, welsh harlequin, cayuga and runner, and am about to add Swedish and buff to the mix (if the ducklings arrive alive this time, crossing my fingers). The plan is to let anyone breed with anyone and have some mixed breed babies possibly next year, but I haven't the slightest clue what they would look like. Google only helps so much; most of the pictures don't tell the breeds. I'm super curious about mixed breed ducks and would love to see everyone's mutt ducks!

I don't have any mutt ducks to share (yet), but here's a picture of the gang because ducks!!!

[​IMG]

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Beautiful birds! <3 I love the one at the far left you caught in a rather candid pose :p

3. PotatoWaffles

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    Thank you, it was the first time I was able to get all seven of them in one picture, lol. The two groups aren't highly fond of each other.

4. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    Cute ducks! :)

I'll be raising my own mixed ducklings this year as well (once my girls start laying, that is). I have a male Rouen and two female Cayugas. No clue what their babies will look like, but that is half the fun!

5. Mrs.H

Mrs.H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    [​IMG]

She is a Pekin/Rouen. Also have 2 all white Pekin/Rouens

6. mickmeek

mickmeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    We have here a mutt ducks, maybe a mixed of runner and mallard ducks.

[​IMG]

7. DUCKOBSESSED

DUCKOBSESSED Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    I am hoping to hatch out some mutts this year. I have a male Rouen, female 3 Rouens 3 Swedish 2 Pekins 1 golden hybrid. I will most likley get rouens like last year but [​IMG] for some mutts. Looking in to getting another male of a different breed.

8. PotatoWaffles

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    They are all so cool! I absolutely love the variability of mixed ducks. I want variety in my flock, which is why I have so many different breeds. I don't want two ducks that look the same, lol. And I bet it's fun not knowing what the babies will look like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by