"Mutt" Eggs Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MagsC, Oct 24, 2008.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, my current eggs in the incubator will be done cooking from the 26th(Light Brahmas) to the 1st (EEs, silkies and silkie crosses). So I would like to find some more eggs, preferably mixed.(I like the hybrid vigor thing plus not knowing exactly what they are going to look like!) My daughter and I are really enjoying this, its something we can "connect" on. I am keeping hens, maybe one rooster(for eggs and as pets) the others go out to family and friends farms.
    Please pm me with prices, I appreciate it![​IMG]
    Oops, forgot to say I would like them shipped out after next weekend when my incubator is empty again!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Will let you know when what hens I have laying right now pick back up on their regular pace, I usually get 4 a day but some went on strike the last couple of weeks...Shh can't let them hear this or they'll stop...They're psychic you know... [​IMG] Look down at my list of breeds...Right now in the LBs I have my BR roo who has bred to BR, Cochin,and silkie and I have a new layer but don't know who yet, and will have to check her eggs for fertility as I don't yet know who all my BR roo has bred. In the Bantams so far have BTB Jap roo that has bred to Porcelain dutches and btbj and a btb dutch that I've seen breed one of the porcelains, not sure if he's in on the rest of these girls or not. I also have Millies but their eggs are spoken for til Spring.

In the Spring all my girls will be laying so keep in touch.

Happy Hatching, Cindy

ETA: Eggs may be priced later in the Spring(haven't decided whether to price or not) but for now you would only have to pay shpg.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I just want a mix of eggs, they dont have to be any certain type,lol, we like to be surprised.[​IMG] Please keep in touch.[​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sent you a PM [​IMG]

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Mags, I have a half doz eggs I can sell you. Barred rock and one RIR hens with a beautiful Dominique roo! $10 includes shipping.

6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thanks![​IMG] Answered pm's!

7. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    sent you a p.m.

8. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    I'd be willing to send you some of mine... but I can't guarantee they'd be fertile. My hen is sitting on 2 fertile eggs right now, so the possibilities are great that most of the eggs I have would be fertile.

The only other thing is that I have no clue how to ship eggs without them breaking.

9. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    sent you a PM

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I appreciate everyone who has pm'ed me on their eggs. We are definitely going to have a variety!
    My daughter is planning on buying a white silkie trio, so the rooster I will be using with the hens I get out of this will probably just be the silkie. I hadnt planned at first on trying to keep a rooster but would like to incubate my own eggs later on. LOL, they will be hybrids for sure and thats perfect in my eyes![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by