1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mutt heritage turkey eggs - 5 poults so far - pics

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by whenchickensdream, Apr 4, 2011.

1. whenchickensdream

whenchickensdream Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2009
    We have a Blue Slate tom, a Naraganasett? tom and a Black Spanish tom. We have 1 Naraganasett? hen, 2 Blue Slate hens, and a Black Spanish hen. They are all in together. I have 22 eggs in the incubator on day 15, 4 are clear and 1 has a blood ring all the rest have poults in them. We are getting at least 2 to 4 eggs a day. Do you think anyone would be interested in buying hatching eggs? How much do you think we should sell them for?

Thank you for any help - just don't have a clue. I wouldn't mind hatching them but I don't know what I'd do with all of them. lol

So far, there are 5. Four of them are black and one is a blue one. I see why we get addicted to hatching. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just had to add the pictures of them so far.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Eat them! Make brownies!!!

Yeah, people like mutt turkey eggies. My turkeys are mutts, and they are fabulous. I don't care if they aren't pure breeds--they rock the casbah in so many ways.

3. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Mine are also "mutts" but very pretty. I'm sure that people would by either hatching eggs or poults.

4. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Would love to buy some. I'm addicted to hatching....

5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Mixed turkey eggs here go for about $2.50.

6. whenchickensdream

whenchickensdream Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2009
    Thank you so much for all the replies. Yes, we would eat them but we are getting 5 to 7 dozen eggs a day from our chickens. lol I love hatching them, too, but need to stop. I would love to sell you some eggs, just have heard some awful things about shipping them. Joy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by