mutts, too young to tell, can't resist asking.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WYOwhy, Sep 13, 2010.

1. WYOwhy

WYOwhy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2010
    Wyoming
    Hi! The human in our house just got three little mutts and can't resist speculating on gender and breed.

The oldest, she's calling me Daphne. I'm guessing I'm 3 weeks... look at my tail. The previous owner thought I might be part frizzle, what do you think? And while we're guessing, am I a roo? I'd rather be a part EE hen, is there any hope for me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The middle child, she's calling me Helen. I'm guessing I'm 1.5 weeks. I've got 5 toes. I'm pretty sure daddy was the barred rock roo. Please say my comb is not roo-ish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The baby, she calls me Io. 7 days old. Too young to know anything, but aren't I pretty. That's my club foot in the avatar.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking and guessing! Nobody's getting culled, we're just speculating for the fun of knowing.

2. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    The first one is an EE (most likely hen), not sure though maybe a little too early to tell.
    The second one is a barred Rock or Barred Rock cross. Can't always tell on the cross.
    Number 3: ???

3. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I dunno but they are look great.The color's remind me of a wintery mix.The gray's and white is very pretty.They look like snow babie's to me.They are beautiful chick's congrat's

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Helen is particularly adorable. I hope she doesn't have to change her name to Hank or Herbert.

Daphne pretty much looks like she'll stay girlish.

Io is an ephemeral darling, regardless of which way that shoe drops.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Those are some beautiful mutts! The first is certainly an EE, possibly a boy. The second is also possibly a boy, but can be a girl. Really, they all look to have EE in them. Even the barred one has green legs.

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I agree. I think I would be willing to bet that they might be siblings. I can see a "form" of barring in all of them...

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by