My 10,000 Post!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, May 27, 2010.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It was brought to my attention, (Thanks Ranchhand!), that my next post would be my 10,000 post. I wanted to make it a good one. So this is how I am using my 10,000 post!

Thank you! Thank You! To all of BYC Thank you! You have been there for me for the past 2.5 years, emotionally, psychologically, physically; in all ways, you have been there. You have seen me grow and you have helped me with that process in so many ways. You've prayed for me, you've supported my students and me so many times and in so many ways.
    This community has grown by leaps and bounds in the time I've belonged to it. I've seen many names come and go, some went willingly, some went mad, some just faded away, and some went through the decision of the Administrative Board. But through it all a main core group of wonderful, helpful, fantastic people have remained. I've met some of you in person, I've spoken with some on the phone, I've sent many text messages back and forth with several of you. I've emailed, I've PM'd, I've joined you on Facebook, and on MySpace. I have included you in my life as you watched my son go from a sophomore in high school, to Army Basic, to high school graduation and now onto his own life. You held me and supported me while I cried over him, while I worried over him, while I was so angry at him I just couldn't contain it. You supported me as my dearest nephew joined the Navy and left home, you adopted him for me at holidays and made sure he was not alone. You prayed for my mother and held me up too when she had a heart attack last year. You have read numerous stories of the antics of my chickens and ducks, you laughed at my fainting Blue Roo, you worried about my big Nugget when he defended my home and was injured and then you grieved for my big red rooster Nugget when he passed away. You have read of the stories of my classrooms through these years, the things that have happened, the loss of their family members to the violence in Juarez, MX.
    My dearest friends you have cried, laughed, smiled, and sometimes not known exactly what to say or do but you hugged me anyway and you were there for me. I want my 10,000 post to say I love you. I want it to say I value you. I want it to say how special you have become to me. Most of all, I want it to let you know just how special you all are and to know that you should value and appreciate yourselves, and never, NEVER, sell yourself short in any way, shape, or form.
    Thank you for being there for these 10,000 posts,, I hope I see you in another 10,000!

Last edited: May 27, 2010

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Thanks-you made it a good one! When I think of BYC, you are one of the people that come to my mind. I haven't been here nearly that long, but I loved to read your stories about handsome Nugget, and see your class full of students as they learn to sew and do so many other basic skills that most children in their situation could never dream of learning-all thanks to a wonderful teacher who SHOWS her students how much she cares about them! We need more teachers like you. Thanks for all you do!

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Well said.

4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    WriterofWords, you're aptly named. That was a thoughtful and beautiful post. I haven't been around very long, but I always take interest in your posts. I usually share your opinions, here and there I might disagree, but I always respect you as an individual. Sounds like you've been through a lot in the past couple of years, I wish I was here back then to add to the support. I always wondered about your "has fainting chickens" subtitle. I figured there was a story behind it; is there still a post on this? I would love to hear that story sometime. A very nice post, congrats on 10,000! [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  6. Mandalina

Mandalina Songster

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    [​IMG]

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Old timer!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

We're very glad to have you here, Kate. [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you! I'm gonna catch and pass PC this Summer while I'm off!! Then,, I'm going for the big guns!!! I see a Speckledhen up there!!

10. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Wow, he was huge. I think I read in your original post that he has since passed? [​IMG] It was a funny story, and then read his size: 32 inches and 15 lbs?! Holy smokes. Well, thanks for digging up that post, I just spent a long time reading it and the other one linked from it to the beautiful pics of him. By the way, your son is very handsome. How old is he now? I can't believe how big is feet were! (the rooster that is, not your son, lol). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by