My $10.69 "Playhouse Coop" NOW HAS RESIDENT CHICKENS

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I have been planning a new coop since construction began on the "Imago Banty Tractor". Well, construction began today. I was planning on building a BIG coop. (8x7) After reviewing budget, space, and time, I decided to build a smaller coop. It is similar to the Playhouse coop. It is going to hold 3 bantams. I have 2 japanese bantams and 1 frizzle mix. The coop has just started taking shape at about 5 30, so not too much is accomplished so far. I will get pictures tomorrow, I just wanted to get the post started [​IMG]

I need help making an exterior nesting box if you guys can help [​IMG]

So far it's cost $10. 69. The neighbor gave me OSB and the wood I had. I stole the tin from anold coop. I had to buy hardware and jigsaw blades

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Well congratulation, I am still waiting for pictures. [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    At Omran's request [​IMG]
    This is the progress of today. I am pooped [​IMG]

So some things to mention. The run is.... well IDK how big it is but I'd guess 7 foot and at one end it's 4' and the other it's 3'. I don't know why. [​IMG] The roof is corrugated metal. I stole it from my old coop [​IMG] I'll replace it on the old coop later. I have osb on that one for now haha
    The nest box will be on the right, my coop access door will be on the left. On the front will be the pop door and a hardware mesh window with cover for windy days. There is a 30" roost that is a 2x4. The vinyl looks good on the floor [​IMG] OSB siding for now, t-11 in July. The coop will be stained mahogany. just not now [​IMG] hehe The nesting box will be big enough for my 2 pullets.

I NEED YOUR HELP! I have a chick with a slipped tendon and am trying to find the best way to do the ramp OR steps. I want what ever will be most comfortable for her.

Pictures are not that great. Some are before I moved it to it's final spot. Those are the ones with out the run attached.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  4. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Thank you for posting these pictures, it gonna be a very beautiful coop [​IMG] , btw your Dog is very cute.

and Thanks for the PM

Omran

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    LOL Thanks. She is a sweety and will be 8weeks tomorrow [​IMG] The coop will look better once painted and when it has something besides just osb as the sides [​IMG]

6. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Oh for the Ramp you can get a piece of plywood about 12" wide and install some 1x1" pices on it like 6" a part and the chick should be able to climb on it.

7. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    That is nice!!(for a girl)!!! LOL just kidding, it really is good!! When you are done, come build me one!!!!

8. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hey guys where are your replies, only me, please come on

[​IMG]

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    THANK YOU Omran. I even changed the title to be more descriptive! Forget you guys. Omran and Patty are my friends! LOL [​IMG]

10. carey34

carey34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southern NH
    looks great!! nice job

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by