1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 10 month pullet beat up my 5 month old roo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cheapcheap_jeepjeep, May 30, 2007.

1. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    They have been the same coop and pen for a 2 months now so that was not it. I do let them free range in the evening too. She pecked hard enough on the head by his comb for him to bleed alot. she is a redsexlink and his is a white rock. i brought him in the house cleaned the best I can (white feathers do not clean well from blood I found out) I placed some cream on him and some vasoline on him. he is eating ok and pooing ok but how do you get him clean from it so there is not that blood look. I do let them free range in the evening too

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  2. GoPups

GoPups Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Hydrogen Peroxide takes blood stains out. It ruptures the blood cell wall and makes the stain disappear. [​IMG]

3. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    thanks and it is my luck that I am out of that . but I will get some thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by