My 14 week old bantum/leghorn rooster died :( Anyone have any info...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jkzimm04, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jkzimm04

jkzimm04 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    I'm so sad [​IMG] This morning he seemed to be just fine. Last night he was fine, he was running around as usual with the gang. Tonight we noticed that he was just laying around and wouldn't get up. We got him out of the coop and he just felt weak. He wouldn't walk, eat or drink ANYTHING. Just laid around and kept his eyes closed. When it was a peep, it had curled up toes. I tried to splint them, but it didn't help. I had two actually with curled toes and the other one is fine with nice straight toes now. Anyway, I gave him extra vitamins and made sure that he had quality food and fresh water always! His toes were curled but he seemed to get around just fine. So I was worried that it wasn't drinking and felt so weak so I got a nice box and put him in it and brought him inside. I made him an electrolyte mix and gave it to him. Within a minute, he convulsed and died [​IMG] My husband said before I did that, that he didn't look so good and that he probably wouldn't make it. So I hope I didn't kill him [​IMG] He wasn't feeling well and that was obvious. At least he didn't suffer for long. Any insight as to what may have been the problem?

2. RoosterRidge

RoosterRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Dry Fork, Va.
    Just wanted to say I was sorry for the loss of your roo.[​IMG]

3. jkzimm04

jkzimm04 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    Thank you. I never imagined how sad I would really be [​IMG] Yep, I'm sad! I just wish that I wouldn't have actually witnessed him going. Uff!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by