My 15 yr old dog died.....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by TriciaHowe, May 4, 2009.

1. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    [​IMG] She had congestive heart failure but was doing well. Saturday morning she collapsed in the living room and passed away with us by her side..... Dh buried her under the tree by the flower garden. It brings tears to my eyes to even think about it as she was our first "baby" and we found her as a stray when she was about a year old. We had her for several years before we had kids. She was just the best dog and it has been really strange around here without her. We have the 2 outside dogs, but she was our "couch potato" and slept in our room at night. She was the only dog we ever had until we got the other two dogs 2 years ago.
    I don't know if we will ever get another "inside" dog. It's just too raw still. I guess if the opportunity arose where we just knew it was right we would probably consider it. I just don't want to feel like I am trying to replace her because that could never happen...
    [​IMG]

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    How blessed ya'll were to have each other for 14 years!

I know there's a hole in your heart .. in time, you'll just remember the good times..

{{{hugs}}}

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I'm sorry for the loss of your baby. You had her for such a good long time and she was part of the family. [​IMG] It takes time to heal after losing a beloved. Just let yourself feel it and maybe you can make a memory garden in her honor. Then someday when the time is right for falling in love again, you can bring a new furrbaby into your life.

4. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Awww....SO sorry!!! [​IMG] You gave her a good life!! I'm not looking forward to this day--I have 5 dogs and 2 are getting up in years!!

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

6. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] to you hun.. I"m so sorry to hear about your beloved pup. Just know that for 15 years she had you to love her and care for her, and couldnt have asked for better masters, friends and family.

May 11 will be 1 year that we had to put our old boy down and he was almost 15 too. He's buried out back where we can see him, between the wild flowers and trees, complete with his own gravestone marker. Its nice to have them on your property so you can visit whenever you want to.

She'll watch over you... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so sorry! [​IMG] I know just how you feel. [​IMG] Our family dog died at age 17 this Feb. [​IMG] So sorry for your loss! {HUGS}

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  8. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    My heart goes out to you. [​IMG] I have always had such a hard time dealing with the loss of a pet and honestly know how you feel.
    I am sorry to hear of her passing. She sounds like she was truly a special friend and part of the family. She was lucky to have you as her mom for all those years adn I am sure she knew she was loved [​IMG]

9. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    So sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful lady and a lucky one [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My sincere condolences on your loss. I've been there more than once. Every dog we've had will live on in our hearts and memories and eventually, that "raw" feeling will mellow and you will remember the good times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by