My 16 year old driver ... Love It ... Spend time with your kids

I don't want to think about my kids ever driving. It scares me.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You got me for a minute, I was thinking "they drove all the way from MD to Mt. Airy to go to a Tractor Supply?" Thinking of Mt. Airy, NC -- as in Mayberry from the Andy Griffith show. Duh on my part.
tongue.png

That would be funny. No Mt. Airy Maryland which is about a 30 minute drive each way.

Quote:
Definately wait. My son's friend is 16 already and she is trying, but gets so nervous that her arms hurt after just a short while behind the wheel. Definately wait until they are ready, IMHO.

Quote:
Ditto on C&T gone from here in Frederick.

You know that Tractor Supply bought out Central Tractor. The one in Mt. Airy is awesome. Mt. Airy also has a very nice Southern States, which carries a lot of great stuff also. The difficult thing with SS is that they close at 7:00. Tractor Supply is open later and they do have chicks in the spring. Although, I am building a bator and plan to start hatching at home.

Quote:
It's why they make Jack Daniels.

lau.gif
Well at least I have 9 years to worry about it.

Train up a child...... My 16 year old, and his younger brothers for that matter, are very respectful and intelligent kids. I actully have a lot of confidence in his driving.

My DD turned 16 this past March...got her learners permit and we have been taking her out to practice. I taught her the basics, took her out on our road and a few surrounding ones for practice this Summer, but her dad is doing the longer drives. She took one corner wayyy too fast and scared the crud out of me! I choose to stay home now! She was due to try for her real license in Sept. but I said no.

3 of DDs friends were out running around, the 16 yr old that just got her license and 'is allowed to drive everywhere by herself' was driving and she stopped too suddenly, leaving the person behind her nowhere to go, they hit her and sent her car head on into a pickup. Everyone walked away with minor injuries, but it just reinforced exactly why my 16 yr old isn't getting her license yet.

DD has currently misplaced her learners permit, so she can't even practice right now. With it being winter, I am in no hurry to replace it either. Her younger brother will turn 16 next June, so she will be trying for her real license and he will be trying to get his learners and practicing. I am going to need to start drinking...maybe heavily! lol

Kid #3 is only 8 right now, so I have 8 yrs to recover from the first 2 before going through it all again!

Quote:
Ditto on C&T gone from here in Frederick.

You know that Tractor Supply bought out Central Tractor. The one in Mt. Airy is awesome. Mt. Airy also has a very nice Southern States, which carries a lot of great stuff also. The difficult thing with SS is that they close at 7:00. Tractor Supply is open later and they do have chicks in the spring. Although, I am building a bator and plan to start hatching at home.

The Central in Frederick is now The Common Market. I was just in the Mt. SS recently...where exactly is the TSC...I'm trying to visualize it and it's not coming to me.

Back
Top Bottom