MY 18th B-DAY SURPRISE! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by babychickfarmer, Aug 5, 2008.

1. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

So I have raised chickens for a little over a year now at work. Ever since I got my first set of chicks, I have wanted them at my house. I loved silkies and ever since I saw them I wanted to get some.I asked my mom a couple different times and everytime, she would make up some excuse and tell me No, we can't have chickens at the house. So I finally gave up on it and get extra love from my chickens at work.

Well my 18th bday is coming up at the end of this month and my mom said last night that she got me something I am really going to love.

She told me she bought 5 silkie cochin chicks from the women down the street and she is going to hold them for us untill we get everything together! OHHH I AM SO EXCITED! When she told me last night I started crying cuz I was so happy! [​IMG]

They are dark she says and 1 roo, 4 pullets.

My question is what are silkie cochins? anyone have any pics? I just don't know what the cochin part makes it look like. I know that cochin is a breed of chicken that is very docile, again does anyone know about them? Difference in appereace because of the cochin part? Anyways, we are going to build the coop within the next couple days and I definatly will be posting pictures. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

[​IMG] Congrats on the 18th birthday surprise! I know you'll love your babies! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    might be a silkie cochin cross breed
    here is a link to a pic
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=68982

i belive i have silkie frizzle cochin mix,some have normal feathers and some have frizzle feathers.Some have 4 toes some 5 and some have black skin and some dont.

But they are cute as can be but just little fuzzy butts at this time.

4. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    silkie cochins look like this
    [​IMG]

5. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Wow, I've never seen those before!

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Happy Birthday!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Happy 18th. Birthday and congrats on getting the cochin silkies.[​IMG][​IMG]

8. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Those look like beautiful birds! happy Birthday and congratulations on your new flock![​IMG] [​IMG]

9. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Dude! U r so lucky!!!! I love those silkies! Too cute!!![​IMG]

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by