My 1st egg hatched......(Pics added)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jayare's Chicks, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    On day 18 (Thursday) when I turned the eggs for the last time and filled the other tray with water to get the humidity up I noticed egg #4 rocking a little bit every now and again. That was cool as this is my first hatch experience.
    On Saturday (day 20) at 1:00 P.M. when I got home and checked on my eggs in the bator I noticed 1 of my 7 SLW eggs had a pip in it. YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    A couple hours later there was a second pip in the same egg but this is egg #3. That little guy/gal is wanting out. There was still just the 2 little pips in the egg and I could see the membrane flapping as the chick breathes inside at 2:30 A.M. when I went to bed. I had planned on getting up in the middle of the night to check on them to see if anything was happening but I slept through it. I was awakened at 5:55 A.M. to the sounds of a little chickie chirping. COOL!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This was the only egg that has hatched and it was only at day 20 and a half so I waited untill about 8:00 P.M. and couldn't take it no more and got that little chickie out and put it in the brooder box. I'm still waiting for some of the other 6 eggs to pip or hatch but so far nothing. Not even and eggs moving or rocking around a little.
    Well today (Monday) it's day 22 and nothing else has pipped or hatched.[​IMG] I will leave them in there till sometime tomorrow to see if anything happens but I don't think anything else is going to hatch.
    I guess we will call this little chickie UNO since it is the only one to hatch.
    I will call Ideal Hatchery and see if I can get some other chickies sent to me ASAP so UNO is not all alone.
    If I can figure out how to post some pics I will get some up for everyone to see.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jayare

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Well I can't figure out how to post a pic. Can someome tell me how to post a pic?
    I need it explained in easy terms as I'm not as computer literate as I should be.

Thanks,
    Jayare

3. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    Make sure you don't toss the eggs until the 5th day after the hatch date. I have had chicks hatch then too. So take care...

Arklady

4. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Thanks,
    I am going to keep them in there for a few days and hope that something else hatches.
    UNO needs a litter mate......

Jayare

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Congrats on the hatch! Even one is a success.

6. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Dang, I've called all the hatcheries and nobody has any day old chicks available RIGHT NOW. I guess UNO will be an ONLY chick.
    I will order some more eggs and incubate them so UNO will have some playmates. I hope he can hold on for about 3 and a half weeks for his playmates to hatch.

Jayare

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Jayare.....as for the little UNO....When s/he is completly dry....put ( i am going to call the chick a her) HER in the brooder, with a mirror, and a plush toy. And of course heat. Hopefully your other eggs will hatch, just late babies.
    Now, for the pics: Go to www.photobucket.com Get an account there, its very easy to do, and FREE. After you upload your pics there....you can load them here. Under the pic, in photobucket..there will be something looks like this

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u114/justusnak/OCT07whiteslikieroo.jpg

Its says IMG CODE. Double click it, then past it in your post here...

Good luck, I cant waite to see pics!!

8. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Here is UNO drying off in the bator

Jayare

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  9. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Here is my son Kody holding UNO just a little while ago. UNO is a day and a half old.

Jayare

10. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Here is another pic of Kody holding UNO. I re-sized the pics so they will fit better.

Jayare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by