My 1st episode of chicken math struck at TSC...(pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ddcoyne, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ddcoyne

ddcoyne Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    Covington
    Walked into the store for chick feed and pine shavings. Of course, I had to look at whatever was in the chick bins. The first thing I see is a bin full of California Whites... the birds my husband has been eying online. Then I walk around to the next bin and see the bantams. And I spot this lovely little thing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, of course, I bat my eyelashes and my wonderful hubby caves. We grab 5 California Whites and my black-skinned baby bantam! Into the box they go, but before we even get the chick feed, I hear weird peeping. One of the Whites was tugging on the feet of the silkie baby. I told the lady who boxed the chicks that I needed a separate box for him/her and a buddy. So we went back to the bantam bin and picked out this little lovely: (Anyone know what kind of bantam s/he is?)

[​IMG]

I wondered if they were picking on the silkie just because they were crammed into the small box. So when we got home, I put them all together and, to my surprise, no one is picking on anyone!! But I did want to be sure the bantam had a buddy in case we had to separate them. Everyone is eating & drinking well and getting along fine.

Here's the entire crew:
    [​IMG]

Now that my older chicks are outside in the coop, it's sweet to have new babies inside again. But, after this, no more chicks, because it will be enough for our coop size.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  2. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    LOL! ADORABLE! And everyone needs a buddy! My hubby was JUST the same at IFA! Congrats!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Aw, soo cute! I have no idea what they are, but I'm glad they went home with you!

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    hehehee the chicks planned it so you would feel bad for them and buy them all!
    Enjoy your new chicks they are adorable. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by