1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 1st hatch 5 of 8! Not too bad!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by autsie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. autsie

autsie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    Okay everyone.

I have been reading and reading for a few months now. I finally put some of my own eggs in my bator 21 days ago as well as some AM eggs from Dipsy (which is a sad story of a roo who couldn't do!) and 5 extras as well from Dipsy (Thanks Lisa!). So, 3 of my mutts hatched and 2 of my 5 extras that were shipped hatched!! We are soooo excited. The girls had so much fun singing to the eggs as the pipped and zipped! Thanks so much to Angie (MissP) for all the encouraging words and info.! Now we are ready for some fertile AM eggs from Dipsy and some from Pips and Peeps as well! Thanks to everyone for the
    information and encouragement through all your posts!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Very cute. Looks like you got a nice mix of colors [​IMG]

3. vron

vron Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2008
    Atkins, AR
    Congratulations! Your chicks look great. I just had a 5/8 ratio of shipped eggs finish hatching this morning. And here they are.

[​IMG]

Once again grats!

4. autsie

autsie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    Thanks so much for the congrats! And also to you! I was very happy with the results after reading so many not so great stories here. I had candled, but was not sure what would arrive. My girls are thrilled to have new babies and they will be a great addition to our hen house as 4 of my current girls are getting up there in age and their laying has really slowed although I already think I have at least two roos, so there you go!

Thanks again!

5. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Congrats to the both of you on such beautiful chicks!! [​IMG]

6. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Congrats, they look lovely! Glad you had such a good ratio!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by