1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 2 Boer doelings

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by greenfamilyfarms, Mar 28, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    2 1/2 weeks old:
    [​IMG]

2 weeks old:
    [​IMG]

Different mamas, same daddy. Any ideas what could be the hertiage of the second one? She has some black stripes on her face that the parents do not have.
    [​IMG]

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I can't answer your question, but they're very sweet!

3. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, they both look Boer, if that's what you mean...(and adorable; I could never raise meat goats)

4. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    Both look boer, but the dark coloring could be some spanish goat influence. Out babies out of a spanish/boer mother had some interesting color combos.
    They are gorgeous!

5. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    You can get those black markings in fullblood boers. I've got a sth af fullblood buckling atm with a red head and those black marks.

The second one ... well its unusual for a fullblood to have that light a colouring, and that little colour on the head, and have the pink skin on nose and bum but having said that, it does happen.

I'd hazard a guess that she is very very high % if not purebred.

But there's no way to tell for sure. I guess what I am trying to say, going by colour alone she could be fullblood, purebred, high % or even 50% boer.

6. Chicky~Buddy

Chicky~Buddy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    their heritage? ~ a long line of cuteness! ahhhh [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by