My 2 week old runners scared my Chihulahua

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickenlittle1980, May 19, 2010.

1. chickenlittle1980

chickenlittle1980 Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    Henry my 4 pound little boy who is never scared of anything ran from my runners It was so cute. He is use to my chickens and the other 2 ducks so when I put them on the floor I knew the babies would be fine..... In fact he use to "herd " every one in at night, until my pekin ducks found out they are bigger then him and started chaseing him when his back was turned. I think it is their upward stance and the fact they dont waddle that scared him. He is the little one playing tug with my mal on my avator

I think I have 3 ducks and 2 drakes, I am starting to hear a change in voices. I am still hoping my mom will give me hers....she has two she will claim 2 of the girls..... she has said stuff like she will hate to break up the family. they know who their mommy is stuff likt that [​IMG] The thing that worris me is .... I dont know if my pekin drake cant get along with 2 more boys....I am going to try.....

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My huge big fat Aykesbury drake came inside once while I had some duklings running around on the floor...he came for a bit of a look...until a duckling took a few steps his way...and off he went...as fast as such a huge suck could waddle....

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG]
    Poor Chihulahua!

4. chickenlittle1980

chickenlittle1980 Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    I let one dog at a time see them at a time so when they move out side they wont have a stroke! It will be inresting to see what he does when they are bigger and "walking" around outside. I will have to have to take pictures!

5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

All my 4 dogs already got their noses nibbled on when my ducks were only 2 weeks old. And I have big 60-80 pound dogs. Can't trust the female dogs, but the oldest male is wonderful with the ducks. The 5 month old golden retriever pup is still in question. He is kind of blasee about them, but you never know.
    Katharina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: