my 2 weekers went outside today lot-o-pics

MNmommy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
central MN
I took my 2 - 2 weeker call ducks outside to play. They peeped the whole time!!! I don't think they liked it. We just stayed out for 5 minutes. It was 68 degrees out but it might have to be a little warmer??? Or they missed the chicks they house with??

IMG_3332-1.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

I took out my babies yesterday also...6 three week old mallards and they acted like I was killing them...They couldnt wait to get back in the house....It was warm here too

I bet they missed their chick-buddies.

I have noticed that it takes a couple of times for them to get used to the new surroundings. Once you take them out one of two more times, they will be peeping to go outside!

Mine freak whenever I try to grab them, no matter where they are. But, when they get outside, as long as we are close by and visible (or audible), they contentedly forage or drink. Being close by really helps ours be happy (also, we are afraid they will get grabbed by a hawk or a dog).

But, we have never taken them away from each other. Of course, there are only three, so that would be kind of mean...

Back
Top Bottom