My 2 Wyandottes.... boys or girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BWchicken, Sep 25, 2009.

1. BWchicken

BWchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Texas
    I have 2 White Wyandotte Bantam babies almost 7 weeks old. Such cute little fluffballs. Their rose combs are still fairly flat, but started to pink up about a week ago. I have been reading on here that lately, the hatchery Wyandottes seem to get pink very early, even the hens. Could that be the case with mine? Thanks!

WYANDOTTE BANTAM #1 (2 pics)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

WYANDOTTE BANTAM #2 (2 pics)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    My girls looked like that too but my little roos comb got big and red and swollen looking about 8 weeks I guess. His head is larger, his feet were the same color as the girls. But his comb was definately different.
    CAL
    Jax FL

3. BWchicken

BWchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks for the reply, that helps a lot because I was afraid the red might mean roos! So I guess Wyandotte pullets redden up early sometimes? That's what I'm hoping for anyway. So even though their combs are red, as long as they stay pretty flat, they're girls, right? Or do pullet's combs swell up too?

I would be grateful for any other information (or photos I can compare) about sexing 7 week old Wyandottes! And any other opinions on the gender of my babies!

Thanks!

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I had 3 of my SLW 'pullets' get read very early and even people here swore they were roosters. They are hatchery stock and were indeed hens! [​IMG] Patience.. but so far they look like pullets to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by