My 2yo Son Got Into My 'Bator... :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by UrbanMama, Oct 12, 2008.

1. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am soo upset right now. My son got into my incubator and took out two of the eggs. One of them broke and the other one got put back in upside down. It was probably only upside down for a minute or two before I fixed it...but could that kill the baby inside? How about the other eggs in the 'bator...it may have been open for a couple of minutes......ARGHHHHHHH :thun [​IMG]

We're only on day three, but this is my first hatch and I soooo badly wanted it to go well.

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I am sure the one will be fine. Sorry about the broken one.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    The eggs will be fine...

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    it did not hurt your eggs but you need to make sure your son doent get in it again.let him know its a no no

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    If that's the worst thing he does you'll be lucky. With the exception of the broken egg I'm sure the rest will be fine. Go luck.

6. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I highly doubt he'll do it again...I scared the you-know-what out of him! [​IMG] He wants to see the baby "shickies" so badly... I put the incubator in our livingroom because that's the one place in the house that's always monitered (Mama, Daddy, or one of the big kids) the temp is much more regulated there also....we'll see! All I can do is pray and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't worry, the eggs are fine!

Everything went wrong for me this last hatch, a bug bomb with air borne toxins, and the turner being unplugged for 5 days. So today I went to the incubator and I got a 100% hatch!

Keep us updated, and Best Of Luck [​IMG]

8. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    I dont belive they were out long enough for anything to go wrong, Think about this.... mama hens get off there nests everyday for up to 30 min and that doesnt hurt the eggs !!! So, yours should be fine !!!!

I can't wait to have my little boy.... LOL.... ohhhh how I wished for a little girl !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by