marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
Well, so far they are still sitting. One took a day off so I moved her eggs but she went back so I gave some back to her. Today, we built 3 nest boxes for them. They had a sort of make shift long one and were all sharing. There was plenty of room but they kept taking eggs back and forth. And I hoped it would keep all the older babies out of the nests, they have been getting in there with them at night and pooping up a storm and I don't want that. Nor do I want them to run the girls out of the nests. Well I went out to close up the coop and they were piled on top of my girls again. The have to go. Almost all of them. I just have too many. Don't know why I have not sold them yet. But they have to go. Darn critters. Don't they know how important these eggs are, they are serama eggs from frank.

Marie

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
Well, I think the little ones are the ones I need to keep in check. I went out last night and they were all crammed up in the nests with them. I don't know what to do. I am afraid they will make them not want to sit. Then this morning, I go out and one girl has gotten off her nest and was sitting with another girl on hers, sharing. I started to leave them and just put the other eggs in there under them. But I really think it is a bit crowded in there for two of them. I hope they will stay but I will let you know frank. Of the 4 I moved to the incubator a while back, three are progressing so far. Will keep you posted. Today I have to work on a way to get those kids out of there and into a seperate coop until I can sell them.

Marie

Animallover606

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
I know this is not along with the question but how to post a question but not on somebody elses????????????????????

happyhens

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
KY
Lucky you, you got broody hens! Not one, but 3! What breeds are they? Good luck with those serama eggs!

Top Bottom