My 3 Girls

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chuckster, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Chuckster

Chuckster New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Here's my 3 girls i have had about 2 weeks and no eggs yet anyone know what type they might be or how long it might take for them to lay? Thanks

2. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

the white one with black looks like a delaware, or sussex, and how old are they? the cream one looks to be a mix, but I'm not sure. a hen usually starts to lay at around18-22 weeks, but it can take longer. good luck!

3. Chuckster

Chuckster New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Ohio
    They are around 1 and 1/2 yrs old is what i was told but it is cold here in Ohio

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    does the one in the back to the right have feathered legs? if so then shes a light brahma. deleware have yellow legs and ss have white. as for the other 2 they look like possible mixes

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    At a year and a half they're at the normal time for their bodies to take a break from laying for the winter. They usually molt and then don't start laying until spring. You can research a light to see if you can trick them into laying, or just let them settle in until spring.

6. Chuckster

Chuckster New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Ohio
    No feathers on their legs as they are dark yellow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by